Excellent Virtue

My Photo
Name:
Location: SF Bay Area, California, United States
  • The Club CD
  • Gilroy Premium Outlets
  • Without Notice
  • Eric Byrnes Trade Rumor?
  • Keiichi Yabu Part 4
  • Keiichi Yabu Part 3
  • Keiichi Yabu Part 2
  • Keiichi Yabu
  • Sakura
  • Wakaba
  • Saturday, January 22, 2005

    Worst day



    Yesterday was the worst day for me. I've never been busy like this before in my life. On a normal day at work, I usually feel I needed 10 bodies. However yesterday, I felt I needed 20 bodies. That's how busy I was. I really don't like my current work except for one thing. I like to do analization and research work. It's like preparing what I want to write and what I want to say. Yesterday I got these kind of work when I was sooo busy for other things.

    I attended one seminar in the evening of 01/19/05. This time the subject is U.S. Economic Outlook for 2005. It's all English speaking and all English resume. So after I attended, I gave this resume to our company's president because he wants to use this info for his speech in pur branch managers' meeting. Then what's happened yesterday? he called me & came to and asked me to translate this one to Japanese... Geeee... I was so crazy busy and no time to do extra work totally. However, unfortunately this work came from the president. I have to translate it for him. Yeah until this moment, I really hated it. But I noticed I have to research more information. So from this point, I really like the work. As I said, this is like writing and it transports me to a writing mode. So in the middle of my busy work, it's really hard to concentrate on the research. I really hate it. Then when I was doing this, I don't know if my other boss did intentionally or not. She called me in her room and she wanted us to do a powow on one thing together.. Of course, I can't think of other things at this point. Even if she tells me something, everything just went thru from right ear to left ear. I just wanted to return to my desk and wanted to continue doing the other thing instead. I was just waiting until she was satisfied (in my mind, let me go.. leave me alone). Then I finally went back to my desk.

    I still got so much interruption after that. So most of part, I translated except for one sentence. I know just one sentence. However I noticed I needed to get more information to prove this information is true or not. So that took a while. But I like it. I researched so much data, graph, news, article and economists' opinions. Unfortunately I couldn't prove it. But I was satisfied because I did my research as much as I can. So when I went to work today, I had summarized it completely, and then left the documents on the president's desk.

    Just in case, I gave one to my other Japanese boss. After that, I regretted giving the information to him because it's too difficult for him to understand--he is one track minded in a way. If we have a narrow minded boss, we always get hard time. Sometimes when we explain things to other people, it just takes them a few min. to get it, however, this one needs the equivalent of 30 min. ~ 1 hour span to understand because he's so slow to undertand anything out of the ordinary. It just makes me really tired.. He couldn't understand the point, to him, no matter how much I explained, it's so unclear to him.. He couldn't even understand easiest part.. geee... I just don't understand where his mind came from...

    Yesterday it's really worst day w/ my favorite things. Then today I had to deal w/ this person. Worst day seemed endless for me....

    link | posted by ExcelVir at 9:32 PM

    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous commented at 6:00 PM~  

    Where did you find it? Interesting read » »

    Want to Post a Comment?

    back to main page



    Designed by mela
    Banner image from stock.xchng | Powered by Blogger
    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com