Excellent Virtue

My Photo
Name:
Location: SF Bay Area, California, United States
  • My favorites
  • Another long day...
  • Pavlov's Dogs
  • Give me 2 seconds!
  • David Bisbal in San Francisco
  • Praise
  • Hard Work
  • long day....
  • The Club
  • Working Sunday...
  • Sunday, November 28, 2004

    After Thanksgiving

    This year, I took a day off after Thanksgiving for the first time. I totally didn't expect to do this because it's unusual for our company. However my wife's company always has this day off and she kept asking me "Are you sure you can't take this day off? " hmmm.....So, I decided to give in and had a real long weekend. We planned to go to Las Vegas. Then unexpectedly... Oh my... we had to drive there... plus my wife's aunt who lives in OC will join us... So it means we had to first stop at her aunt's place and stay one nite... Then go to Las Vegas.

    If it's only 2 of us, it's no problem... However if including others, it's a little bit tricky to plan when there are more in the party. So Friday morning, it started..

    I didn't know there is always the biggest sales after Thanksgiving in US because I've always worked on this day. Also I didn't know her aunt likes shopping specially if it's on sale. So we originally planned to go to Las Vegas early morning on Friday. But we ended up shopping Friday morning.

    This was totally unplanned as well.. But if they go, ok.. I will buy something. So I was checking the ads from the local newspaper.





    Then I found some unusual items.





    1st season DVD for Will & Grace and 24 was on sale for $12.99. Also Disney Aladdin is selling for $9.99. I heard 24 is a good drama. But I've never watched it before. But if it's for $12.99, ok...why not? So I decided to buy these items.

    Friday morning.. Some stores opened for the Thanksgiving sales at 5am! We had a long night before, so we woke up a little late. By 6a, we were ready to leave.. first they drop me off at Bestbuy at 6:10am.. Then they went to Target.





    On the right side of the store entrance, I saw people were in line.. I was not serious.. I just thought a few.. But when I was looking for the end of the line.. Geee.. the line was going around outside of the store!! And this line is just to get in the store. Can't believe it.





    Then while we were waiting, a store clerk gave us a store map. So we know where we need to go.





    Anyway..After got in, I went straight for the DVD section and found the DVDs I planned to buy.. So I tried to pay .... but then... where is the line?? I was looking for the end of the line to pay... Geeeee...!!!!





    People...People...People...





    Then I saw a lady a holding a sign... mmm???





    huh??? line begins here??? Geeee.... have to get in line again just to pay.

    I was still lucky.. I was in line only for one round inside store.. But while in line waiting for the next cashier to serve me, the line had doubled.. it was a such a pain for those who got in line later on.

    Finally.. my turn to pay for my goodies.





    When I got out of the store, it's already 8:40am..




    Do you think it already ended???

    Nooooooooooooo!!

    Then we are finally ready to leave I thought. Her aunt wanted to buy a $20 DVD Player from Goodguys and then she already bought 3 Gameboys from Target.. But she wants more. So we had to go back to Target, too. DVD Player is sold out at Goodguys. She couldn't get it. However she got more Gameboys. I think she planns to take it back to the Philippines during the holidays.

    I regret why I didn't just zipped my mouth... I told her I saw $17 something DVD player at Bestbuy... oops.. Then they want to go back to Bestbuy... We checked the price from AD first.




    Yeah...$17.99.. I was right unexpectedly and unfortunately.. Then what?? STAY IN LINE AGAIN!!!

    We bought 3 DVD Players for Christmas gifts..





    Of course... needed to be on a long line AGAIN.. spend another 2 hours in the store AGAIN..

    So we left LA around 3pm. Originally we should have already arrived in Las Vegas this time. But we arrived in Las Vegas at 7:30pm... such a loooong day..








    link | posted by ExcelVir at 7:48 PM

    3 Comments:

    Blogger Flower Garden commented at 12:04 PM~  

    hahaha.....so, you've experienced typical American after thanksgiving day, huh? I haven't yet. Shopping is fun if it's for yourself. If it's not, then disaster...
    Now, you know what to do after thanksgiving. Yes! Work!

    Blogger ExcelVir commented at 12:33 PM~  

    Definitely!!!

    Anonymous Anonymous commented at 6:56 AM~  

    Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
    » »

    Want to Post a Comment?

    back to main page



    Designed by mela
    Banner image from stock.xchng | Powered by Blogger
    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com