Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Epoch's Baseballboard

I got an e-mail from Amazon.co.jp . They said they opened a new toy store in their site. So I was checking this section during lunchtime and found this game.

Epoch's Baseballboard....



Wow...my favorite game.. I didn't know they are still selling this game. In my younger years, we played this game a lot. I didn't own one.. but you know.. whenever I went out w/ my friends, somebody always had one.. So practically I don't need to have one for myself.

This boardgame has a rectangle in front of the homebase.. this is a trick. When we tried to hit, this rectangle opens and the ball will drop under the board. It's called a "disappearing miracle ball". Why did they make one? because this idea came from our TV Cartoon " The Star of Tokyo Giants ". The main character from this cartoon was the pitcher..but he has a small body...So his pitch is quite weak. To make up for this disadvantage, he did hard training and made miracle balls. One of them is the "disappearing miracle ball". After he threw the ball from the pitcher's plate, the ball disappears just before homebase...then after homebase, the ball re-appears.. When we saw this one in the cartoon, this was really sensational. Some even seriously debated this on a TV show...if it is theoritically and scientifically possible or not. So that's how sensational it was. Then they made it into a board game from this original idea.. It's a very fun toy.

If the kids these days see this game, they may feel it's a classic and even slow and boring.. but for my generation, this was the equivalent of the video game these days. So we enjoyed these kind of games a lot when we were kids.

link | posted by ExcelVir at 10:27 PM


Designed by mela
Banner image from stock.xchng | Powered by Blogger
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com