Excellent Virtue

My Photo
Name:
Location: SF Bay Area, California, United States
  • Stop on the way Part 1
  • North vs South nightmare
  • After Anaheim Stadium...
  • Happy Birthday Dad!
  • Baseball Game and Proverb
  • The Fish Express
  • Ukulele from Hanalei
  • Hanalei Mixed Plate
  • Mango Mama's
  • Guava Kai Plantation
  • Monday, October 04, 2004

    Stop on the way Part 2

    Wrote this entry on 10/02/04 @ 07:23PM

    I didn't finish entry last nite cos I felt tired and it's already long writing. So I split my entry instead.

    Anyway I was talking about the Grove last nite. In other words, this is somewhat of a Las Vegas type shopping place.. We browsed around, we stepped inside 2 shops.. One was Barnes & Noble bookstore.. This is a common store..we didn't need to go to this store in the first place.. But you know..we felt hot.. So we wanted to cool down a bit.. So that's why we ended up going inside this store.. hahaha.. then we ended up spending money.. she bought books and I bought a CD.. I usually bought CD from Amazon or Target near my place. I love Latin Music.. I am bored listening to american music they are starting to sound the same to me.. I really want to listen to music w/ more passion and personality.. somehow lately, I found that in Latin music.. I also like Okinawa music. This also has personality and is pure Japanese music for me.. Some of our other Japanese music can be sooo boring.. no personality.. felt they are copying american music sounds... Lately, I am willing to listen to Hawaiian music cos their sounds also have personality.. But I don't know how to get the information.. and which musician is good or not..when we were staying at our hotel in Kauai, they have this small market place downstairs that's like a convenience store, they were also selling CDs.. I can listen to 16 CDs for sample. So I tried everything.. I heard songs before from one of the artists on the menu.. His name is Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. People called him IZ. His songs on my ear sounded really good, so I bought one of his CD from Wal-Mart in Kauai.



    I should have bought his other CD from Wal-Mart as well since it was cheaper there.. around $14.. But I wanted to know more Hawaiian music and other artists.. So I didn't buy.. and I also felt I could buy his CD from Amazon anytime..So that time I just bought one..

    When we came back from Kauai, I started checking Amazon and how much it was there.. Oh my..All his CDs are priced almost $20.. I regretted not buying his other one when we were still in Kauai.

    At the Grove, while my wife was checking on books, I was checking their CD collection. Of course, I always check Latin Music first.. I expected they don't have good selection and it's not current CD anymore.. They wer selling CDs on this category from 6 months ~ 1 year ago.. Amazon still has a good selection online. Sometimes Target, too. why? cos a lot of Latino people live near my place. So that's why Target near my place is selling a lot of Latin CD, too. But.. I guess their management was changed.. Most of Target store's set up is now universal. They are selling almost same items w/o thinking of the store's demography. I know purchase-wise and distribution-wise.. they can save cost. I strongly think they should think about which type of people go to their stores. I don't find anymore new titles at my local Target store so mainly I check Amazon these days.. See? Target lost one customer.. Anyway.. back to Barnes & Noble, they don't have a good selection but they have good service. I am not sure if all other stores have the same setup these days too. We can do sample listening on any CD that's in their store. Any CD!! We just pick whatever CD we want to listen.. then find a headset booth in the section and scan the cd's bar code and wah-la! suddenly I am able to listen to any song in that album.. That's so cool.. After checking their Latin music section, I started checking their Hawaiian music collection.. I did sample listening to almost 20 of them. But.. couldn't find any good one except the other IZ CD. So I bought this CD. Price is...yeah around $20.. can't help it..



    After Barnes & Noble, we went to the Apple store. My wife bought me a Mini iPod for my birthday.



    I havent' started to use it 100% yet (haven't gotten the time to sit and learn how to use it)but we were looking through the iPod Accessories and bought an iCarPlay.



    Afer that, we went back to Farmer's Market and ate Lunch. We ate fish Burger and Fish & Chips from Tusquellas Fish & Oyster Bar.



    It's good, specially fish burger. If you have a chance, try to visit here and eat it.

    After we finished lunch, it was already 2pm.. we were supposed to leave LA around 11am... hmmm????

    We left and I guided my wife around Hancock Park and LA downtown area.. Then finally hopped on the freeway..

    We arrive at our house at around 8pm... We are soo exhausted! Tomorrow will be another workday but we had much fun!






    link | posted by ExcelVir at 10:03 PM

    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous commented at 10:49 PM~  

    Get the Best way to find your favorite beachside resort in Hawaii go to: http://www.aloha-expressions.com

    Sincerely,
    aloha mischeaux

    Want to Post a Comment?

    back to main page



    Designed by mela
    Banner image from stock.xchng | Powered by Blogger
    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com