Excellent Virtue

My Photo
Name:
Location: SF Bay Area, California, United States
  • Hanalei Mixed Plate
  • Mango Mama's
  • Guava Kai Plantation
  • Back from Vacation
  • Company Hotdog Pictures
  • Small World
  • Value
  • Happy Birthday Mom!
  • Meeting...
  • Eric Byrnes-Oakland A's Left Fielder
  • Thursday, September 23, 2004

    Ukulele from Hanalei

    If you've read my early enty "Back from Vacation" ( 09/19/04 ), you know my wife and I did some kayaking. Whenever we go to Kauai, we always go kayaking. We love it. Mainly people do kayaking in the East Shores of the island. But this time, instead of the East Shores, we tried it at Hanalei bay and river (North Shore). My wife had written about our adventure in her page.

    We took a tour with the Kayak Hanalei company on 09/13/04 and their booth was located at Ching Young Village in downtown Hanalei. So we needed to wait for the rest of our group here. Our hotel was located in the South Shore. For the sake of avoiding the morning traffic, we had to leave early. Then of course we arrived there early so we had time. So I walked around Ching Young Village and a music shop caught my attention. On the window I saw Ukuleles hanging inside, so I really wanted to go in to check them out. I have the love for music since I was a child. This store called Hanalei Video and Music . Unfortunately it was too early. The store didn't open yet. I was curious...but didn't have a chance to see the store.





    Then 3 days later ( 09/16/04 ), we came back to Hanalei again because we planned to do kayaking at Hanalei River. This time it's not a tour. we just rented a kayak from them. then after we did kayaking, we ate at Hanalei Mixed Plate [ see my early entry " Hanalei Mixed Plate " ( 09/22/04 ) ]. Then we finally went to this shop which is even better inside... a store clerk showed us several models. I didn't know Ukulele has two types, the regular type and the pineapple type. The regular type looks like a mini guitar while the pineapple type is just like the its coined term. I listened to the sound....it seems the sound from the pineapple shaped one is milder. Also we thought the shape itself is more traditional. So we decided to buy this one.




    The store clerk had thrown in a how to play book. I just have to find the time now to learn to play this new instrument.



    link | posted by ExcelVir at 9:39 PM

    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    back to main page



    Designed by mela
    Banner image from stock.xchng | Powered by Blogger
    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com