Excellent Virtue

My Photo
Name:
Location: SF Bay Area, California, United States
  • Politics
  • Where is Paola?
  • A seminar
  • Inventory Day
  • 2004 Rivercats Team Set
  • Is it my imagination??
  • Christmas Tree Decoration
  • Unusually cold
  • Mountain Lion
  • Los Angeles-Las Vegas
  • Tuesday, December 07, 2004

    French Roast



    Our company's employees have strange characters. Even if we left a wallet on our desk, no one will steal it. However, if the item is a kitchen ware or food that is lying around in the lunch room, somebody will definitely take it. I didn't say everybody.. But this is a trend in our company.

    Just recently....

    We had a potluck party. Somebody brought an nice serving spoon.. Then, after we cleaned up, we realized this serving spoon is missing!!

    We have leftovers from lunch in our fridge. Then we are about to eat this food during lunchtime.. It's gone.. Somebody ate it!!

    something like that...Who did?? Totally no clue at all. I don't know if it's just one person or several persons. But whoever it is, is pretty good because he/she/they did it before anyone realized anything was amiss..




    Today it's also happened to me. When we were doing inventory last Saturday, I didn't have a chance to make coffee plus my hand was dirty. So one lady in the office made coffee instead. Of course she didn't know where the opened coffee is and she couldn't find where I was either. Probably I was a playing monkey at that time, climbing and hanging on the top shelves, and counting inventory. Unexpectedly she opened big french roast coffee bag!!! Geeee... I totally didn't expect... there are so many small house blend bags in the cabinet. She didn't use that one.. she opened the big one!! You know that big bag is for a week. I usually made 5 pots of French Roast everyday, times 5 working days.. I can make 25 pots out of it..Usually after I open the bag,I put transfer the contents to a small can in the fridge and then I keep unused coffee in the freezer to keep it fresh. We had still so much french roast.. So after I found it, I closed this big bag and kept it in the freezer immediately. Anyway...I shouldn't complain because she didn't know and it was an accident..I appreciate that she made the coffee instead of me.. Finally today it is time to use coffee from big bag.. So I checked our freezer.... hmmmmm???? gone... Oh my...big bag is gone!!!! I couldn't believe it!!! Who took it????? Just in case, I checked all cabinet in lunchroom. I couldn't find it. Then I asked people who makes coffee on the 2nd floor.. This person didn't know that, too.. geeee... That was 2nd big loss after I start making coffee in our company... Last time was long time ago. We used to use Starbucks house blend coffee.. but only 1 pot a day.. I left one box in the cabinet.. It's gone... somebody stole it!!! After that, I didn't keep Starbucks in the cabinet anymore.. I keep and control it in my desk area. Plus.. I requested our company to put a lock on the cabinet. So no one steal it after that.. But that inventory day.. I didn't lock the cabinet. So that's why this has happened..

    It's like showing the thief the big expensive coffee bag.. geeee.. I was sooo disappointed.. disappointed at this thief.. disappointed at myself. If I strictly kept the coffee, I could have prevented this from happening.. and I wouldn't have to hear people complain "No French Roast?? ". We don't have French Roast anymore until next delivery day.



    link | posted by ExcelVir at 9:18 PM

    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous commented at 3:04 AM~  

    That's a great story. Waiting for more. »

    Want to Post a Comment?

    back to main page



    Designed by mela
    Banner image from stock.xchng | Powered by Blogger
    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com