Excellent Virtue

My Photo
Name:
Location: SF Bay Area, California, United States
  • Oh no... No Japanese...
  • Finish!! ( Japanese )
  • Parent Company ( Japanese )
  • Coffee ( Japanese )
  • Hotdog ( Japanese )
  • Excellent Virtue ( Japanese )
  • Saturday, August 28, 2004

    Shabuway

    Today's lunch, My wife, sis in law, and I went to a new Japanese Shabushabu Restaurant in San Mateo. It called " Shabuway " and they just opened the day before yesterday ( 08/26/04 ).



    Shabuway

    145 E. 3rd Ave.
    San Mateo, CA 94401

    7 Days Open.
    Mon-Fri 11:30am ~ 02:00pm, 05:30pm ~ 10:00pm
    Sat 11:30am ~ 10:00pm
    Sun 11:30am ~ 09:00pm

    Menu:
    Lunch Regular ( 8oz ) > $7.99 Large ( 11oz ) > $9.99
    Dinner Regular ( 8oz ) > $10.99 Large ( 11oz ) > $13.99

    They also serve chicken ( already cooked, no shabushabu ), vegetable shabushabu...etc.

    A ramen noodle shop ( Rozan Ramen ) used to be here and we occasionally visit this ramen shop. But lately we haven't been to & all of a sudden to our shock & surprise...no more Rozan... and I totally didn't expect they opened shabushabu restaurant in same space..

    The price is really reasonable and it seems like people enjoyed it. I bet they already got so many repeaters. oh one advice... If you will have a chance to go to this restaurant, you might not be able to decide which one to order... 8oz...? 11oz...? pick the 8oz. If you read my prior entry, you knew I ate 5 hotdogs ( bigdog ) and I still didn't feel full. That's usually my appetite level. I was also thinking which one I should eat..Then I chose 8oz.. why I chose 8oz? I just felt it's still lunchtime and don't need to eat too much.. So I decided on the smaller one. However... when I saw the dish, 8oz was really a lot....plus they gave us veggie, rice, udon noodle... It's really a lot and it was enough to make me full... Unless you are really really hungry, I recommend the 8oz portion.

    People might think what is shabushabu?

    According to the dictionary, it's defined as :

    A Japanese dish in which thinly sliced beef and vegetables are cooked in a pot of simmering stock, then dipped into a sauce and eaten [ Late 20th century, From Japanese, an imitation of the sound of bubbling water. ]

    hmmm... sounds delicious, doesn't it? Then just find the nearest (Japanese) Shabushabu restaurant in your place and try it. I am quite sure you will like it. :-)







    link | posted by ExcelVir at 4:50 PM

    2 Comments:

    Blogger Flower Garden commented at 12:06 PM~  

    shabway....Uhnnnn,I like the name...It's Cute! I know your appetite. So, I also know what to order now, heheheh.

    Anonymous Anonymous commented at 4:07 PM~  

    Very nice site! Tranquilities dinning room furniture Gay for pay military video

    Want to Post a Comment?

    back to main page



    Designed by mela
    Banner image from stock.xchng | Powered by Blogger
    Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com